Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

USP 800

Does anyone know the proposed date of implementation of the USP 800? 

Thanks.

Expert

Re: USP 800

Nancy,

The public comment period closes on July 31, 2014.  If there are no changes needed to the chapter after the committee reviews the comments, then it will be voted on by the Compounding Expert Committee and published in Pharmaceopeial Forum.  The official date of the chapter would be 6 months from the publication in PF.  I would estimate it would be June 2015 when it becomes official based on review and PF publishing timeframes.  Obviously this is highly dependent on things going without hitch.  The state boards of pharmacy then need to decide on how to act on the standard.  USP only writes standards and has NO enforcement authority.  Hope this helps. 

Eric S. Kastango, MBA, RPh, FASHP

It's all about the patient.
Occasional Visitor

[ Edited ]

It is my understanding that implementation date is July of 2018 and that Alothough USP writes standards and is not the enforcing agent,  New authority has been developed and FDA and who they delegate to inspect, will have enforcement authoroity for  the extended continuum from receipt of drug though administration.  I do not claim to be an authority and could be wrong but this is my current information

Expert

Who is this new authority that you reference in your post?  Thanks.

Eric S. Kastango, MBA, RPh, FASHP

It's all about the patient.
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Does anyone know if a luer lock connection between a medication cassette and tubing meets usp <800> standards?  I know that we are required to put a CSTD on the end of the tubing to connect it to the patient to prevent liquid and vapor leakage, but wasn't sure about the simple luer lock connection.

Thanks.