Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Advisor

Doffing PPE Used during HD Mixing

Question regarding doffing PPE during HD mixing. Should all PPE be removed (including mask and hat) except for the inner shoe covers prior to leaving the negative pressure buffer area? All of this PPE should be discarded in a trace HD contamination receptacle since it has the possibility of hd contamination.

My biggest question is the head cover and mask. Is the greater risk possible spread of HD contamination outside of the hd buffer area if some of the PPE worn in the HD buffer is retained when going into the  ante area, or is the greater risk  increasing the bioburden to the buffer area if the head cover and mask is removed prior to exiting. I read an article about doffing of HD PPE using a doffing line, but this article suggested that the head cover and mask are retained in the ante area.

I appreciat anyone advice or clarification on this question.

Advisor

Re: Doffing PPE Used during HD Mixing

Still looking for some advice on this if anyone has any thoughts?

Expert

Erika,

This question has been answered in another thread.  Consider visiting www.pppmag.com, where you will find several helpful in-depth articles on compounding-related issues. Hope this helps. 

Eric S. Kastango, MBA, RPh, FASHP

It's all about the patient.
Advisor

I was searching for the thread regarding this issue and cannot find it. Do you happen to know the posted subject?

Expert