Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Advisor

Designated Area for Reproductive-Risk only HDs

Does there need to be a seperate area for re-packing and performing non-sterile compounding with Reproductive-Risk only HDs, or can this be done in the same area as non-HDs?

Advisor

Re: Designated Area for Reproductive-Risk only HDs

Still looking for help with this if anyone has any insite.

Expert

Erika,

You need to give me more information about your processes.  If you are dealing with bulk containers of API, then you need to do this compounding in a powder-containment hood located in a negative-pressure room.  

Eric S. Kastango, MBA, RPh, FASHP

It's all about the patient.
Advisor

For non-sterile compounding reproductive-risk HDs and re-packaging such as re-packing Warfarin tablets from a bulk bottle or cutting tablets in half and then re-packaging. Our current process is staff that is trying to conceive, current pregnant or breast feeding is not allowed to handle these drugs. We do this in the same area as non hd non-sterile compounding and pre-packing, but we do use a chemo mat to perform all manipulations on. No API.

On a side note, I am headed to your <800> class next week and I am very excited to leanr more, I am hearing great things about this class.

Expert

Erika,

Thanks and look forward to meeting you.  Bring a copy of your floor plan when you come to Totowa next week and we can talk through your questions.  See in you in NJ. 

Eric S. Kastango, MBA, RPh, FASHP

It's all about the patient.