Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Frequent Advisor

Cleaning the LAFW revisited with a visual aid

[ Edited ]

Eric,

I am a new clean room manager and I really appreciate all of the wonderful tips for USP<797>.  I am trying to undo a lot of bad habits at my facility and I would like to provide my technicians with a visual aid for cleaning the LAFW.  Are you aware of a slide or picture that shows cleaning strokes?  I have attached one that I made but I am not sure I have everything on it correct.  Are the sides cleaned in an continuous "S" motion up and down or with parallel strokes from top to bottom as I have depicted in my visual?   I have pharmacy students coming in that have been taught to clean with the "S" stroke depicted in the picture attached that says, "correct cleaning process".  Thank you so much.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Cleaning the LAFW revisited with a visual aid

Here is a link to a You Tube video published by Berkshire Corporation. Our IV technicians find it easy to understand due to the language and visuals used.  Hope it helps!

https://youtu.be/QHQfNi_aKR0

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Re: Cleaning the LAFW revisited with a visual aid

This is probably the best of the bunch on You Tube.  I was really hoping to find a video showing a complete cleaning from start to finish.