Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advisor

Clean Room

We are finishing construction of a modular clean room and looking for advice on how to hang items on the buffer room wall. I prefer not to nail through the walls and strips like a command strip would be difficult to clean between the product and the wall.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Expert

Re: Clean Room

Art,

Typically, the only things on the wall are in the anteroom and that would be a clock and mirror.  No paper or posters should be affixed to the walls.  What type of things are you looking to hang on the walls in the buffer room?  

Eric S. Kastango, MBA, RPh, FASHP

It's all about the patient.
Advisor

In the buffer room the hand cleanser with persistant activity to apply before donning gloves.

In the ante room, a mirror to ensure all hair is covered.

Expert

Art,

At our training facility and what I recommend to clients is to caulk the mirror to the wall once it is mounted so no water can get behind it.  I would recommend setting up a gloving cart with a bottle of surgical scrub so staff, immediately upon entering the room, can apply a pump of the agent and then don their sterile gloves.  Sterile gloves should not be placed into the ISO Class 5 PEC during the donning procedure.  

Eric S. Kastango, MBA, RPh, FASHP

It's all about the patient.
Advisor

Thank you