Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Administrator

Prevention of Pediatric CLABSI Webinar

[ Edited ]

Thanks for joining our webinar with Brenda Vason, "CLABSI Prevention Strategies for the Pediatric Patient." 

View the on-demand recording or download the slides.

Have a question for Brenda? Post it here, she will be answering questions for a limited period of time.

Administrator

Re: Prevention of Pediatric CLABSI Webinar

Here are some questions from our live presentation:

Q: What needleless connector do you use?

Q: What umbilical arterial transducer system do you use? And is it a closed system?

Occasional Visitor

I asked a question during the webinar that did not post for some reason, but I wanted to know if you used biopatch or something like it on your lines routinely.  I know you probably don't use this on your neonates, since you do not use CHG on them, but do you on your older population.  Thank you for your time.

Anna Taylor  CCRN, IP

Expert

Q: What needleless connector do you use? - We are in the process of evaluating and changing to Microclave (ICU Medical). We will soon discontinue use of  the Smart Site.

Q: What umbilical arterial transducer system do you use? And is it a closed system? - It is a closed system....Edwards Lifesciences pressure monitoring kit.

Highlighted
Expert

I wanted to know if you used biopatch or something like it on your lines routinely.  I know you probably don't use this on your neonates, since you do not use CHG on them, but do you on your older population.  Thank you for your time.

We use the biopatch on all lines except the neonates. It took a lot of re-education; especially for use on the PICC lines.