Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Administrator

Multidisciplinary Approach to Prevent CAUTIs Webinar

[ Edited ]

Thanks for joining our webinar with Kelly Manning in "A Multidisciplinary Approach to Preventing Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections."

View the on-demand recording or download the slides.

Have a question for Kelly? Post it here and she will answer your questions for a limited period of time.

Administrator

Re: Multidisciplinary Approach to Prevent CAUTIs Webinar

Here are some questions from our live presentation:

Q: Is the insertion criteria a part of your EMR (i.e. MD selects crtieria for insertion of foley orders)?

Q: How did you account for anitibiotic use in a patient confounding the "lack of" subsequent uti in data?

Q: How is frequent catheter insertion provided for patients with a hip replacement?

Q: Do you automatically obtain UA and C&S upon admission with those with indwelling catheters to prevent getting stuck with the CAUTI?

Expert

Re: Multidisciplinary Approach to Prevent CAUTIs Webinar

Here are some questions from our live presentation:

Q: Is the insertion criteria a part of your EMR (i.e. MD selects criteria for insertion of foley orders)?

A: It is part of the nursing assessment documentation. If a foley is inserted or in already in place  the nurse must select one of the criteria  on insertion and every shift after that until the foley is dc'd.

Q: How did you account for antibiotic use in a patient confounding the "lack of" subsequent uti in data?

A; I am not sure I understand this question completely but we did not look at antibiotic data as part of this project.

Q: How is frequent catheter insertion provided for patients with a hip replacement?

A: Our hip replacement patients have their foley removed post op day one and they are up to the bathroom or using a bedside commode. We do not leave foley's in these patients.

Q: Do you automatically obtain UA and C&S upon admission with those with indwelling catheters to prevent getting stuck with the CAUTI?

We do not culture every patient for a uti because that could certainly lead to overuse and inappropriate use of antibiotics and add to drug resistant issues. We do culture symptomatic patients or patients that have incontinence issues (which can be a sign of a uti).