Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Occasional Contributor

Demarcation Line Tape

What is the best type of tape to use as a demarcation line for ante/hazardous drug rooms?
Advisor

Re: Demarcation Line Tape

why not use paint instead of tape?

Occasional Advisor

You cannot use just any tape.  There are tapes specially formulated for the high traffic / chemically cleaned floors in both the anteroom and cleanroom.

Note the below link to one company that you can use to evaluate your needs.

http://www.cleanroomconnection.com/cleanroom-tape/

Richard H Martin

Advisor

Thank you RichardMartin ( the pepper). I agree with you. I have used the same special tape to "pilot" an area we wanted to "demark" or create parking lots for. The semi-permanent nature of the tape was useful for two reasons: 1) held up fairly well to traffic and cleaning chemicals, 2) allowed us to use the space immediately / try out what we thought was a useful tool.

After some time a critical decision was made about either pulling up the tape, cleaning, and re-taping or pulling up the tape cleaning and painting the floor. The old tape was rolling up on edges and EM surface sampling revealed it was harboring growth. We were happy with the result the tape revealed as to where the lines should go. We painted the floor and are even more pleased with the results.

I have not had to think about tape condition in over a year. The floor we have is epoxy and the lines are epoxy as well. If you like "clean lines" in a cleanroom or ISO space, the paint may be a better alternative to tape. Just be sure you want the lines where you paint them! I am not so sure I would have liked to remove the deed once in play.

Blueman2 (the shark)