07-21-2017 12:05 PM
I did our 6 months environmental testing and the viable air sampling came back positive for Cladosporium at the entrance door of the Ante-Room, we had terminal cleaning done at least twice and we use Peridox (sporocidal) once a week. After having the company that do our tests come back for a retest, the results came back again positive with the same thing "Cladosporium" which is an actionable pathogen according to the lab that sent me the results.
Can someone guide me on how to fix this issue because I did a research but still not sure how can I fix this issue!!!
Thank you very much and appreciate your help.
Hossam Gamal, Pharm.D.
Director of Pharmacy Services
Lompoc Valley Medical Center
1515 East Ocean Avenue
Lompoc CA 93436
10-18-2017 11:23 AM
I'm in the same boat with you.
We just had our testing done and had non-sporulating fungi and Gm(-) rods.
Part of routine engineering preventative maintenance is changing the room filters a month prior to testing.
We also did a triple terminal clean of the area.
We've had issues in the past with poor sampling technique of the testing company that were addressed.
We haven't scheduled re-testing yet, honestly, I'm worried the results will come out the same.
Any guidance would help.
01-19-2018 02:52 PM
Not sure what is involved with your terminal clean. If appropriate, a simple bleach solution (0.525%) is very effective on molds - use this solution on floors, walls and ceilings making sure a dwell time of 5 minutes is observed. The Peridox RTU is a great selection for all other fixtures and surfaces - make sure the surface is kept wet ( dwell time ) of 3 to 5 minutes.
Blueman2 ( the shark)