Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Medication Storage

What are JACHO'S regulations regarding storage of refrigerated medications on the refrigerator door?  Can you store medications on the fridge doors?  Where would I be able to find such regulation/policy regarding refrigerated medications storage?

Occasional Advisor

Re: Medication Storage

i haven't seen anything about on the door. We have the temp being monitored and when we were surveyed a couple months ago, the physician surveyor saw we had things on the door and didn't complain

Expert

Inside the refrigerator is inside the refrigerator.  The temperature inside the refrigerator is the only thing that counts.

By the way, its now TJC, not JCAHO.  They changed their name over 2 years ago I think.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Intersting Smiley Happy I know only storing medications properly is crucial for the patient taking them. Some drugs require refrigeration. In such instances, the refrigerator needs to be up to JCAHO standards to ensure the safety and quality of the product. The JCAHO provides accreditation and certification to health care facilities and hospitals. Their standards must be maintained for a facility to attain and keep its credentials.

Occasional Visitor

We should be very careful in storing the medicine.

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Medicine which requires special enviroment, should be stored in such a way that its features not damage. Some medicine requires to be store in Refrigretor it should be stored in it. it continues its brightness,