Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Advisor

response time for website

I have been having a great difficulty with the response time for your website since you changed to this new format.  Most of the time it is taking 45 to 120 seconds after I click on "Forums and Blogs" or any individual item in the Forums Home before the page is ready.  I did not have this problem with your previous format and I am not having this problem with other websites I visit.  Any suggestions?

Trusted Contributor

Re: response time for website

Hi HospitalPharm,

The forums are not hosted by us, but by a third party vendor.  Let me get in touch with them about this and I'll get back to you.

Thanks!

**** If you find this post helpful, please mark it as a solution ****
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

I tried to reply to the private message I received yesterday but after reading the message and hitting "reply", it never responded so I could not enter my reply.  After about 10 minutes I closed out the website and tried to access the private message again but now it is not showing (yes, I was logged in).  The message only asked for the link I used to send my previous reply to the previous private message and did not answer any of my questions.  The specific link really has nothing to do with the excessively slow response times, because, as I stated in my last reply to the private message, it occurs every time I access your site and with every link within the site that I try.  Sometimes the delay (50 or more seconds usually) is waiting for the page to change after selecting a new link but usually the new page is viewed immediately but the page is not ready, i.e. can't scroll or select anything else, for same time lag.  Also, as I stated in my reply, I did not have this problem with your previous format and I do not have this problem with other websites I visit.  I asked if it could be related to security settings or other options I have set up but I did not receive an answer.

I've really liked Pharmacy OneSource and have checked in on an almost daily basis for several years but now, unfortunately, the extremely slow response time has gotten too frustrating to continue viewing on any type of regular basis. 
Thank you.
Darlene
VIP

We were having a similar problem at our facility a couple of months back. This had nothing to do with the forum (which wasn't up at the time), but was affecting our response times from Sentri7. We did a network trace for bottlenecks and found that there was a router somewhere between our ISP and the servers that Pharmacy OneSource is hosted on that was causing the delays. It eventually resolved itself, but it took a while, and unfortunately, there was not a whole lot that we could do about it.

Graham O'Hea, Pharmacy Systems Analyst
Advisor

@HospitalPharm - Thanks for your support of Pharmacy OneSource over the years.  I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing.  I'll email you shortly and would like to setup a phone call to troubleshoot this issue ASAP.

Sincerely,

Abraham Palmbach
Vice President, Operations
Pharmacy OneSource, Inc.
Occasional Advisor

Thank you Abe,

Thank you for your prompt response, the phone call, and for your help.

I encountered the same delays with a pc at work that had IE 7 (my own has IE6), both of which are on our health system's network.

When I tried accessing the Forums and Blogs from home, using Firefox (on a Linux os), the difference in speed/response was amazing.  There was no lag time at all. 

I have a feeling the difference may be in our health system's network setup, rather than IE versus Firefox, and how the network interacts with the data coming from the company you use for the forums and blogs.  If I can find a pc at work that uses Firefox, I will test that out.

I appreciate your dedication to promptly addressing the concerns I had. 

Darlene