Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VIP
Accepted Solution

User rankings on the forum

This is not a strictly important question, but the thought did occur to me, and I didn't see any documentation about it in the FAQ's. What is the ranking system you use for members of the forum? As of this posting, I am listed as an "Occasional Contributor", so I was wondering how your ranking system goes on here.

Graham O'Hea, Pharmacy Systems Analyst

Re: User rankings on the forum

Graham,

Good question.  The ranking system is setup to measure a few different areas of forum participation, with each assigned its own weight value.  The areas range from the very small, say just logging in, to the more heavily weighted actions like responding to posts, posting a new topic, and give and received kudos.  Also, it's important to note that these rankings are set at a fixed level and are not based on a percentage of use a community member may have.

Thanks for the question and your participation in the community.  I hope this answers your question, I appreciate your interest.

Thomas Kazmerzak

Community Moderator
Pharmacy OneSource, Inc.
tom.kazmerzak@pharmacyonesource.com

**** If you find this post helpful, please mark it as a solution ****
VIP

So, specifically, what are the levels that you have? I have seen new member, occasional visitor, and occasional contributor so far for non-Pharmacy OneSource employees. What other levels do you have above these? I am not so much interested in what it takes to achieve each level (an inappropriate question anyways) as I would like to just know what the different levels are, so that as this forum grows and matures, we can get a solid idea of the levels of participation that each member has when we interact with each other.

Advisor

GrahamOH - Thanks for your interest in how the Member Levels work and what they are.  Finding a Forums and Blogs solution that properly rewarded our members for their level of participation, and then shared this information with other members, was high on our selection criteria.  I'm happy to report we feel this solution was by far the best in this area.

HeatherG is our Community Manager and she should be able to provide more details on these levels when she returns on Monday.

Thanks for your valuable contributions to our Forums!

Abraham Palmbach
Vice President, Operations
Pharmacy OneSource, Inc.
Trusted Contributor

GrahamOH,

We’re keeping the specifics of our ranking structure a surprise, but I’d be happy to explain what kinds of activity it rewards. We wanted a ranking structure that recognized the different kinds of activity that our members could take in the community. In recognition of that fact, our structure has a number of different ‘paths’ that you can progress through based on the kind of activities you engage in.

If you like creating threads and posting questions, there’s a rank just for you. If you prefer answering questions and tagging content, there’s also a rank just for you! We hope you enjoy discovering the different ranks and really encourage you to take advantage of the full spectrum of features available to you in the community. If you have any questions about some of those features, feel free to ask.

Thank you!

**** If you find this post helpful, please mark it as a solution ****
Highlighted
VIP

Thanks. That answers what I wanted to know.