Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VIP

Expert announcement request

A thought occurred to me earlier. I am going out on a limb here, but my suspicion is that the Experts on this forum have been specifically invited here because of their unique knowledge and the value that they can provide for us (I, in particular, especially find 's posts on the Joint Commission to be especially insightful).

However, when you do have a new Expert join the community, could an announcement be made alerting us who they are, what their area of expertise is, and what kind of questions that they are willing to take? I feel that they warrant this extra treatment and recognition precisely because they are experts who have made themselves available for the benefit of this community.

Graham O'Hea, Pharmacy Systems Analyst
Trusted Contributor

Re: Expert announcement request

@GrahamOH - Thank you for the valuable feedback. The expert role is given to our webinar presenters who offer to take questions in the forums following a webinar presentation. Most often they will be taking questions directly related to their webinar topic in a specified thread and they are more than welcome to answer additional questions outside of that.

I like the idea of posting somewhere in the community an announcement when we have a new expert join. Here is the initial announcement of the new roles:  http://forums.pharmacyonesource.com/t5/Welcome-Announcements/Community-Updates-Week-of-June-7th/m-p/...

Would you recommend that we post the announcement of a new expert in the same "Announcements" forum or would there be a better place you would hope to see this?

Thanks!

**** If you find this post helpful, please mark it as a solution ****
VIP

Re: Expert announcement request

I was thinking about that as I was typing this post. I think the most appropriate place is in the Announcements forum soon after they join, prior to that person giving the Webinar, so I don't think that we need a special board for this.
Graham O'Hea, Pharmacy Systems Analyst